Nose-Sucker Thingees, Weeds Whacking Back & Cats in the Bathtub: Does Life Get Any Better? – A treasure trove of Chuck’s humor essays that provide a funny, refreshing, positive and insightful look at life, and holding onto balance and perspective throughout life’s daily trials.
- On engagement parties: “Often this is the first opportunity for the family and friends of the young lady to meet the result of the biggest decision of her life: whom to marry. Now, let’s be honest. You know you. There’s no way they come away thinking she made a good choice.”
- On visiting the pediatrician’s office: “I refuse the pen at the sign-in pad. Thanks, I brought my own pen, I mumble, careful not to inhale, as I use my elbow to pull the clipboard toward me. Think about it. A hundred sick kids have come through that door ahead of you, and one hundred sick kids’ moms or dads, slick-fingered from the virus-infested nastiness oozing or spurting from their kid’s head, have gripped that ball point pen to sign in. I wouldn’t touch that thing if it were at the end of a remote-control robot arm on the moon and I was sitting at Mission Control.”
Purchase Nose-Sucker Thingees, etc. through Amazon.com, BooksaMillion.com, BN.com and local book stores like Book People in Richmond, Virginia.
Build Your Castles in the Air: Thoreau’s Inspiring Advice for Success in Business (and Life) in the 21st Century — More than 150 years after Thoreau penned his masterpiece, Walden is stunningly relevant to modern life, especially business life. In Build Your Castles in the Air, Chuck organizes selected quotes from Walden by spheres of business life. The quotes are complemented by quotes from some of history’s greatest thinkers, as well as thoughtful, often humorous reflections from Chuck’s experiences in politics, business, and a nine-month journey through the Caribbean and across the North Atlantic on a sailboat.
- Nigel Morris, co-founder and former COO of Capital One, authors the foreword and says: “Few other writers could have compiled this book. Chuck, like Thoreau, endeavors to live his life fully and on his own terms.”
Jacket quotes from:
- Dr. Wayne Dyer (New York Times #1 bestselling author and a self-development leader): ”I love Thoreau and I especially love this inspirational treatment of his work.”
- Susan Molinari – former member of Congress and author of Representative Mom: Balancing Budgets, Bill, and Baby in the U.S. Congress (Doubleday): ”Thoreau’s timeless wisdom and Chuck Hansen’s modern insights offer simple, intelligent solutions to the professional and personal dilemmas we all face, every day. Read this book and bring balance and genuine success — the type that truly matters — into your life.”
- Victoria V. Guthrie – senior fellow, Innovative Program Initiatives, Center for Creative Leadership: ”This book embraces the human side of our rapidly and substantially changing world and will be of great benefit to both individuals and organizations.”
- Louis Castle– VP, Electronic Arts; former GM and co-founder of Westwood Studios: “Hansen’s book puts a context around a great work and allows the reader to sample and deeply consider the magnificent work of Henry David Thoreau by topic. Hansen’s comments bring focus and relevance to Thoreau’s work.”
- Craig Shanklin – Former chief operating officer at Correlogic Systems: “Build Your Castles in the Air is uplifting and offers easy-to-grasp ideas on how to survive and thrive in today’s business world.”
Purchase Build Your Castles in the Air: Thoreau’s Inspiring Advice for Success in Business (and Life) in the 21st Century through Amazon.com, BooksaMillion.com, BN.com, and local book stores like Book People in Richmond, Va..